The Law Office of Michael D. Caccavo handles a variety of legal matters. We pride ourselves on personal service and if there are matters which we can’t help you with, we’ll gladly recommend another attorney who can. The areas we concentrate on are:
- Estate Planning: We can assist with all your estate planning needs. We prepare Wills and Trusts. We can arrange smaller estates so you can pass your property without the need for Probate or at least minimize the Probate estate. We can create plans for those who have concerns about Estate Taxes or loved ones with Special Needs.
- Disability Planning: An important part of any Estate plan is to deal with the possibility of lifetime disability. We can create Durable Powers of Attorney, Advance Health Care Directives, Trusts, and other documents to assure your affairs are properly managed if you become disabled, without the need for a Guardianship. We can also help when someone you love has a disability, whether it is discussing their benefits or planning to preserve those benefits.
- Medicaid Planning: This area is often referred to as Elder Law, although real elder law encompasses all the things mentioned here. Many people are worried about having to go into a nursing home, and spending all their assets on their care, leaving nothing for their loved ones. We can explain the complicated Medicaid system and devise plans to help you preserve your assets and qualify for Medicaid more quickly. While we cannot insure that you will never go to a nursing home, we can help diminish some of the financial fears for you and your loved ones
- Probate Matters: Probate matters come in two varieties, death probate, usually called “probate” or “estate”, and lifetime probate, usually called “guardianship”. We are experienced with both types of Probate and can help you through the often complicated process.
- Real Estate: Whether you are buying or selling a home or commercial property you need an experienced attorney. We have been handling real estate matters for over 25 years. We can assist with drafting or reviewing Purchase and Sale agreements, Deeds, options, private notes and mortgages, and any other documents you might need. We can also perform Title searches and certify Title. We are agents for Lawyers Title Insurance Co. if you want to obtain title insurance.
- Other Practice Areas:We represent clients in other matters on a regular basis, in addition to the areas listed above. These other matters include:
- Business matters: We can form Corporations, LLCs and other business entities. We can also assist with general corporate questions and matters.
- Landlord / Tenant: We draft leases and other agreements. We handle evictions.
- General Legal Matters: We also handle a variety of general legal matters that don’t fall into neat categories. If you have questions, give us a call. If we can’t help, we’ll try to suggest someone who can.
- NEW SERVICE: We have just added a new service for our clients. We will help manage everyday finances and bill paying. We will work with financial advisors to review your investment picture, and then maintain your bank accounts and pay your bills from your accounts.